Here’s how to migrate your website to SiteGround.
You should have been given a SiteGround migration token by UKcentric. The token looks a bit like this: 1610996911-83733f1805692f3-f166c12866b33f50. If not, please contact us.
- Log into your WordPress website
- Click “Plugins” in your admin menu on the left-hand side of your screen
- Click “Add New”
- In the “Search plugins” box, type “SiteGround” and hit Enter
- The SiteGround Migrator plugin should appear in the list of possible plugins. Make sure it’s the one labelled “By SiteGround”
- Click “Install Now”
- Click “Activate”
- A new menu item appears in your admin (left-hand) menu labelled “SG Migrator” – click this
- In the “Migration Token” box, paste your migration token
- You can optionally enter an email address to be notified when the migraiton is complete. This is handy because for large sites, migration can take some time.
- Click “Initiate Transfer”
- You will see a warning asking you to confirm that you wish to change your site domain name to something.sg-host.com. This is fine, so click “Continue”
- The website migration starts and can take from several minutes to several hours, depending on the size of your website.
If the migration fails or you see any error messages, please take down the details and contact us for further assistance.